Purchase of this course will provide access to the recorded webinar version of the course below.
Course Code: DOC0719h-1
0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hours
Target Audience: Licensed/Certified Medical Professional (i.e. PT, OT), Rehab Professional (ATP, SMS, CRTS), Reimbursement & Billing Specialists
Course Description: Individuals with chronic medical conditions and long-term disabilities who have a permanent need for a wheelchair require a comprehensive, detailed evaluation of their physical, functional and environmental needs to allow clinicians and ATP suppliers to make appropriate Assistive Technology recommendations for a successful outcome.
This course will examine the coverage criteria, clinical benefits and research in support of a power height adjustable seat (PASH), provide the clinician with practical tools to consider and incorporate when evaluating and documenting the need for this power seat option; assist the supplier in reading and interpreting the information in the medical record to determine when to provide a power seat elevation system; and provide billing and reimbursement personnel with strategies to mitigate denial for coverage and reimbursement of a PASH system.
At the conclusion of the course the participant will be able to:
- List 3 benefits of a power adjustable seat height feature to document the medical purpose for individuals with permanent disabilities.
- When given evaluation findings for w/c transfers, will be able to justify the medical need for a power adjustable seat height system.
- When given evaluation findings for functional reach, will be able to justify the medical need for a power adjustable seat height system.
- Identify at least three strategies to mitigate denial of a power adjustable seat height system.
Pre-requisites: Participants should have some familiarity with and/or participation in seating and wheeled mobility evaluations.
- Hour 1
- Best-practices model of seating and wheeled mobility evaluation and recommendation process
- Review of research, clinical considerations, evaluation and documentation expectations of the patient-product match for power adjustable seat height – transfers
- Review of research, clinical considerations, evaluation and documentation expectations of the patient-product match for power adjustable seat height -reach, line of sight, posture.
- Review of third-party payor coverage criteria and documentation requirements for PASH systems.
Course Level: Intermediate
Instructional Methods: Lecture, Discussion, Videos
AOTA Classification Code: Occupational Therapy Process: Evaluation
ADA: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact the Education Department (Education@PrideMobility.com).
Quantum Rehab/Pride Mobility Products Corp. has been approved as an Accredited Provider #1307743 (Valid through 2/28/26) by the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET) 21670 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 170, Sterling, VA 20166: (703) 763-0705.
AOTA Authorized Provider #6865 (Valid through 12/30/23). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This activity is approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #2502011TX (Valid 2/28/25) and meets continuing education requirements for physical therapy and physical therapy assistant licensure renewal in Texas. The assignment of Texas PT CCUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by TPTA or TBPTE.
CEU Disclaimer: It is the attendee’s responsibility to complete relevant documentation requirements to receive the qualified credit associated with this course. Failure to do so will result in an invalid certificate.