0.0 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hours
Target Audience: Technician/Repair Specialist
Course Description: This course is designed for new technicians entering the industry and technicians already in the industry that need a review on how to read and check DC Voltage, Resistance and Continuity.
At the conclusion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Identify at least 3 proper settings on a multimeter.
- Execute proper testing for voltage, resistance, and continuity to determine what part is faulty.
- Execute (2) proper ways to test a Quantum power chair seat actuator.
- Hour 1
- Overview of types of multimeter, discuss the differences between DC and AC voltage, discussing how to test for resistance and continuity, and the difference between an open circuit vs short circuit.
- Review scenarios of problematic issues and troubleshoot using command tools of the trade to determine what part has failed.
Course Level: Beginner / Review
Instructional Methods: Lecture, Discussion
AOTA Classification Code: N/A