Purchase of this course will provide access to the recorded webinar version of the course below.
Course Code: WEB0720h-4
0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hours
Target Audience: Licensed/Certified Medical Professional (i.e. PT, OT, Physician, Nurse), Rehab Professional (ATP, SMS, CRTS)
Course Description: This course will review the wheelchair skills test questionnaires, consider how to utilize them during the evaluation and recommendation process to assist with mobility base selection and establish a plan of care to maximize user independence with their mobility base. It will also discuss how to bill for wheelchair skills training.
At the conclusion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Differentiate capacity, confidence, and performance scores on the wheelchair skills test questionnaires.
- Establish a plan of care for individuals with disabilities to maximize mobility independence.
- Utilize the correct CPT code for billing the skilled professional services rendered for wheelchair skills training.
Pre-requisites: Participants should have a working knowledge of seating and wheeled mobility evaluations and the recommendation process.
- Hour 1
- Review manual and power wheelchair skills test questionnaires
- Apply the w/c skills test questionnaire to case examples
- Discuss CPT code and billing for wheelchair skills testing and training
Course Level: Intermediate
Instructional Methods: Lecture, Discussion
AOTA Classification Code: OT Process – Evaluation