Purchase of this course will provide access to the recorded webinar version of the course below.
Course Code: WEB1121h-1
0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hours
Target Audience: Licensed/Certified Medical Professional (i.e. PT, OT), Rehab Professional (ATP, SMS, CRTS)
Course Description: Complex Rehab power wheelchairs offer some of the most advanced electronics in the complex rehab industry. Maximizing what an individual can do should always be the goals of the team providing the wheelchair to an individual. Bluetooth is a vastly under-utilized technology that most manufacturers have built into their expendable electronics. This course will review what are some of the things that can be done from a wheelchair with Bluetooth, how this smart technology can be accessed and how the individual can benefit from the use of this technology.
At the conclusion of the course the participant will be able to:
- List 3 types of smart devices that can potentially enhance an individual's independence.
- Describe how the wheelchair electronics can benefit the individual through control of smart devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- Relate three positive outcomes regarding functional independence that can result with the use of independent environmental control access.
- Introduction to the technology that is available to assist in controlling the environment
- What is available on the consumer market and how it assists with independence when access is provided to it.
- What technology is available in power wheelchair electronics and how it can provide independent access to control the environment.
- Examples of how this technology provides independence for a power wheelchair user.
- Wrap up and Q&A
Course Level: Beginner / Review
Instructional Methods: Lecture, Discussion
AOTA Classification Code: OT Service Delivery, Foundational Knowledge
ADA: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact the Education Department (Education@PrideMobility.com).
Quantum Rehab/Pride Mobility Products Corp. has been approved as an Accredited Provider #1307743 (Valid through 2/28/26) by the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET) 21670 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 170, Sterling, VA 20166: (703) 763-0705.
AOTA Authorized Provider #6865 (Valid through 12/30/23). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This activity is approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #2502011TX (Valid 2/28/25) and meets continuing education requirements for physical therapy and physical therapy assistant licensure renewal in Texas. The assignment of Texas PT CCUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by TPTA or TBPTE.
CEU Disclaimer: It is the attendee’s responsibility to complete relevant documentation requirements to receive the qualified credit associated with this course. Failure to do so will result in an invalid certificate.